Escaping the cliff of death only happens in movies. Surprisingly, it does not only transpire on a big screen. It can also occur in real life like Frane Selak’s stories. Well, many of us would believe it to be unrealistic. But, it’s not.
Who is Frane Selak?
As the world’s luckiest man, Frane Selak cheated death not once, but seven times. Born in 1929, Selak was raised in Croatia. He was just like the typical Croatian citizen with humble beginnings.
Seven Incidents Where Selak Escaped
· In 1962, a train from Sarajevo to Dubrovnik flipped off the track and crashed into a river. There were 17 reported casualties, and Selak survived. He was able to swim to the shore despite a broken arm and the extreme cold.
· In 1963, Frane took a flight to Rijeka. Unexpectedly, the plane crashed, killing 19 people. Selak survived. Thanks to the haystack where he was found unconscious.
· After three years, another tragic incident happened. While riding a bus, it plunged again into a river, having four casualties. Frane survived again.
· In 1970, his car caught on fire. Luckily, he had escaped before it exploded. Three years after, another freak car accident happened. The same thing happened. He managed to survive.
· In 1995, Selak was hit by a bus. Again, he was lucky to escape death. After a few years, he won a million dollars in the lottery. Approximately, it was around £600,000. He used it to buy a luxurious home. But he sold it in 2010 and returned to a humble life. He also spent the money on his hip operation.
Whatever happened in the coming years, Frane’s story has a happy and peaceful ending like anyone else. Enjoy life to the fullest.
A fulfilling life is not about how long you live. It is how you enjoy every moment.